Post-Trade & Compliance Reporting
With increased regulatory focus on protecting securities market participants, trade reporting and trade surveillance are key to providing transparency, efficiency and oversight for today’s trading environment. The number of liquidity venues and strategies for routing orders, however, has amplified the complexity of securities markets and made post-trade & compliance processes more challenging.
In addition, as the markets, related technologies and trading strategies evolve, new reporting requirements are introduced and revised, creating additional complexity for market participants. Sell-side and buy-side firms, exchanges, and ECNs are required to collect, analyze and report more information in a timelier manner than ever before.
Saven Post Trade reporting solution works off of the Fix Drop copy files. Saven’s proprietary Java FIX engine is utilized as a central trade file processing engine to generate the post-trade reports. This solution can be customized to suit customer needs.
Reporting Engine Instance
- Generate consolidated reports across all trading venues for a given MPID.
- Highly automated to run complete reporting with single click action.
- Parametric driven with simple UI- Fix log sources, Reports to generate, Allocations to sub accounts, Report file transmission destination, file archiving destination, Audit trail for verification.
- Configuration UI to allow user to have extended flexibility – trades’ allocation assignment, multiple FTP destinations, multiple FIX logs’ sources, Report Achieving destinations.
- Ability to handle huge data files (>10MB from each FIX DROP session) efficiently with automatic splitting of files, if required.
- 100% Java and hence same application is deployed on LINUX & Windows.
Reporting and Downstream Processing include:
- Average Price File, Day Trade File, Life Cycle, OATS File(s), Break Report, Execution Report.
- MPID basis with “n” sub-accounts, Percent allocation scheme.
- Rolls into one Average Price File from each sub-account.
- Average Price per symbol and side, One Average Price – All trading venues.
Having the best trading relationships no longer will be sufficient, firms will need to have robust systems and controls required for compliance. Firms must develop processes and systems that ensure compliant trading at an acceptable cost. Saven’s knowledge of the current processing environment and data reporting requirements can be harnessed to strengthen business processes to better meet growing compliance demands.
Saven can help firms enhance their trade reporting and surveillance processes and technology solutions by helping clients implement :
- Data warehouse systems to assist with regulatory reporting and trade surveillance.
- Common source systems data interfaces to reporting and surveillance technologies.
- Analytical procedures on source system trading data and data warehouses for reporting accuracy.